PREOP SURGERY CLEARANCES: ENSURING SAFE MEDICAL PROCEDURES
A pre op clearance (short for pre-operative), is a process that ensures that a patient is fit for surgery. It involves a thorough evaluation of the patient’s medical history, current medications, and any relevant test results. The purpose of a pre op clearance is to identify any potential risks or issues that may arise during surgery and to address them before the procedure takes place.
- A physical examination
- A review of the patient’s medical history
- Blood tests and other laboratory tests
- EKG or other cardiovascular testing
- Chest X-ray or other imaging studies
- Consultations with other specialists (e.g. cardiologist, pulmonologist)
BENEFITS OF COMPLETING A PRE-OP CLEARANCE
Any surgery carries certain inherent risks and it is important to ensure that the patient is in the best possible condition to undergo the procedure. By identifying any potential issues beforehand, doctors can take steps to mitigate those risks and ensure the surgery goes smoothly.
There are several benefits to having a pre-op clearance before surgery:
- Improved safety: A pre-op clearance helps identify any potential risks or issues that could arise during surgery. By addressing these issues beforehand, doctors can take steps to mitigate those risks and ensure the surgery goes smoothly.
- Better preparation: A pre-op clearance allows the patient and their medical team to be better prepared for the surgery. For example, if the patient is taking certain medications that may interfere with the surgery, the medical team can make arrangements to adjust the patient’s treatment plan.
- Reduced anxiety: Going through a pre-op clearance process can help reduce anxiety for both the patient and their loved ones. By understanding what to expect before, during, and after the surgery, patients can feel more confident and prepared for the procedure.
- Improved outcomes: By ensuring that the patient is in the best possible condition for surgery, a pre-op clearance can help improve the chances of a successful outcome.
Overall, a pre-op clearance is an important step in the surgical process that helps ensure the safety and success of the procedure.
How To Schedule Your Appointment
Wellacy (AKA: FastLabs) offers FULL pre-op clearance services with a timely turn-around time. Visit FastLab’s new South Miami location at 6193 Sunset Dr, South Miami FL 33143 – across the street from South Miami Hospital and close to Larkin Hospital. This new state-of-the-art laboratory offers a FULL menu of laboratory testing and diagnostic options for patients. Appointments can be made directly on the Wellacy (AKA FastLabs) website, www.wellacy.com. Walk-ins are accepted, but appointments are recommended. Call (305) 741-2655 or email email@example.com to find out more!
Note: It is important to follow your healthcare provider’s instructions and to complete the pre-op clearance process as directed. This will help ensure that you are prepared for surgery and that the procedure goes smoothly.